How common is male infertility?
Infertility affects both men and women equally. The reality is that half of all infertility cases stem from male factor infertility. Male infertility testing is crucial in order to be sure every couples treatment is as effective as possible from the beginning.
After an initial consultation a semen analysis is scheduled unless its already been done.
What are the main causes of male infertility?
- Erectile dysfunction
- Azoospermia (obstructive or testicular failure)
- Physical trauma to the testes
- Genetic abnormalities
- Sexually transmittent diseases
What are the treatments for male infertility?
The therapeutic approach for male infertility depends on the severity (mild, severe or azoospermia).
- IUI(intrauterine insemination)
- SURGICAL PROCEDURES FOR AZOOSPERMIA
- Sperm donation